Our Professional Video Editing Workstations meets 100% of Adobe Pro requirements (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and After Affects), works well with programs such as Davinci Resolve and Avid Media Composer, and yet is still quiet. These ideal film editing computers are built to take full advantage of professional video editing programs with ample fast ECC DDR4 RAM, an Dual Intel Socket 2011v3 E5 Xeon CPUs, plus NVIDIA® GTX and Quadro professional graphics solutions.
This Professional Video Editing Workstation comes with your choice of iStar 4U Rackmount case (designed for the rackmount setup of the professional video studio) or Antec's Titan 650 pedestal server case. The Titan 650 features an extra deep case which allows for better airflow and accommodates Dual Xeon CPU motherboards. It is a pedestal (vertically-oriented) server case, and features 10 drive bays and 7 expansion slots.
Don't Need Quite Such A Serious Video Editing Rig?
Check out our i7 Photo Video Editing PC
Video Editing Workstation Features
- Two Xeon Processors | for increased performance and reliability- Up to 44 Cores!
- Up to 512GB DDR4 ECC RAM | for responsive and reliable video manipulation
- Dedicated Operating System SSD | for quick start up and system reliability
- Dedicated Video Scratch Disk | a fast SSD
- Default 4TB Dedicated Video Data Storage Disk | for storing large photo and video files (without slowing down your operating system drive)
- Thunderbolt II Option | for Video Peripherals (such as Blackmagic Cinema Cameras and UltraStudio, as well as Pegasus2 External RAID Arrays)
- NVIDIA GTX 10XX Series or Quadro | GPU Accelerated Video Card Options
- 3X PCIe 3.0 x16 slots | for seamless operation of GPU and video devices
- Blazing-fast performance for smooth, fluid interactivity in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Davinci Resolve, and Avid Media Composer video editing programs
- Ideal for video professionals, video editors, and multi-media artists
Best Computer for Video Editing
Every feature of this Professional Video Editing Workstation has been designed to bring you the quickest, most powerful performance available in a serious video editing machine, without compromising the silence needed in an ideal multi-media and video production environment. We use large, efficient CPU coolers to silently cool your CPU. We also use Corsair AX Gold Series power supplies, which are the ideal combination and true silence, power, and ultimate reliability backed by their 7-year manufacturer warranty. We use use lightning fast SSD drives for your video workstation system drive (drive you run your programs on) because they are dead silent, extremely reliable, and lightning fast. We swap out every case fan in the Professional Video Editing Workstation with a silent high quality Nexus or Noctua fan. The case and case layout were chosen for airflow, heat dissipation, and noise isolation.
The heat-producing NVIDIA® GTX and Quadro® Video Cards cannot be cooled with specifically designed silent video card coolers, but are very reasonable as far as noise is concerned, and with the combination of quiet features in the case, and additional silencing options such as case insulation, this Professional Video Editing Workstation not only rates among the top performing video editing computers available, but is the quietest PC of its caliber.
Video Editing Workstation
This Dual Intel Xeon Video Editing Workstation is built around the iStar D400 Quiet 4U Rackmount Case (or Titan 650 pedestal case) and the Corsair®AX Gold series silent ultra-reliable power supply. As always, we replace Antec's noisier fans with ultra quiet Nexus® case fans and we use the quietest workstation video cards, and case insulation to keep this video workstation absolutely quiet.
- Dual Socket 2011 v3 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 product family CPUs
- Up to 512GB of DDR4 ECC Memory
- System Optimized for Video Requirements
- Support for the Thunderbolt II Add-in Card
- Silent Operation
- Superior Airflow
- Easily Upgradable
Video Editing Workstation Dimensions (Rackmount Version)
- Width: 19" (482mm)
- Depth: 27.9" (708mm)
- Height: 7" (178mm)
- Weight starting at: 40lbs
Video Editing PC Front Ports
Video Editing Workstation Core Components
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5 v4 family can boost server performance by up to 50% over previous-generation Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers. Intel® Integrated I/O on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 v4 family accelerates data availability to the processing cores, reducing latency by up to 30%. Intel® Xeon® processor E5 v4 family processors intelligently deliver up to 70% more performance per watt, increasing computing power while maintaining maximum energy efficiency.
Create with confidence using NVIDIA Quadro Meet the tightest graphics and video production deadlines and most stringent budgets using Quadro graphics solutions, built for professionals. Quadro GPUs offer faster performance with superior image quality and provide a fully-integrated and optimized workflow across the spectrum of the latest Adobe Creative Suite 3D applications, such as Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe After Effects.
Quiet Hard Drives Every PC we sell comes defaulted with some of the most silent hard drive options available. Additionally, for those of you requiring more silence, our systems include an option for the Smart Drive Classic hard drive enclosure, which further silences your hard drive without raising its temperature. Or, if you are looking for total silence choose an SSD. Solid-state drives (SSD) have no moving parts, so they make no noise, have blazing fast read times, and are super reliable. Our Video Editing Workstation comes defaulted with SSDs for OS/Software, as well as for a video scratch disk, for smooth, fluid video processing.
Cutting Edge Reliable Motherboards We feature the most reliable and highest performing motherboards available. This SuperMicro server class motherboard provide supreme reliability, top-notch cutting-edge features and excellent manufacturer support. Our motherboards contain fanless heatsinks and heatpipes to effectively cool the chipset heatsink and voltage regulators, without the use of noisy fans.
High Quality Memory
Our Professional Video Editing Workstation comes with high quality Kingston® memory. We use Kingston® memory because it is highly reliable and features a lifetime warranty. This video editing PC has options for up to 512GB of DDR4 ECC RAM for those desiring ultimate performance!
Video Editing Perfect Motherboard
- Dual Socket 2011 v3 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 product family CPUs
- Max. 512GB, DDR4 ECC Memory
- Intel® C612 chipset
- 6x USB 3.0 ports (4 rear + 2 via header)
- 5x USB 2.0 ports (2 rear + 2 via header + 1 Type A)
- 10x SATA3 (6Gbps) ports
- 8x SAS3 (12Gbps) ports
- 2x Intel i210 Gigabit LAN Ports
- 3 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 Slots
- 2 x PCI-E 3.0 x8 Slots
- 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4 (in x8)
- Support for SuperMicro Thunderbolt II Card
- RealTek ALC888 7.1 High Definition Audio with S/PDIF header
- EATX Form Factor: 12" x 13" (30.5cm x 33.0cm)
Important Features For Your Video Editing Setup
The following are important considerations when planning out a Film or Video Editing Workstation:
- RAM | We recommend at least 32GB RAM for video editing
- Scratch Drive | Having a fast hard drive set up as a scratch drive will stop bottlenecks when you run out of RAM in the editing process
- Hard Drive Dedicated to OS + Software | Having a fast hard drive dedicated to software will deliver fast startup times and greater reliability from Windows, as well as from your video editing software | Note: we recommend at least a 512GB SSD for OS and software if using your Video Editing Workstation with Davinci Resolve
- Large Data Drive | Video takes up a lot of space - we recommend at least one large data drive, as well as considering external video RAID array solutions
- Quality Film Quality Graphics Card | We recommend GTX 10XX cards for most video professionals and Nvidia Quadro cards for those doing a lot of 3D animation
- Thunderbolt 2 | Thunderbolt is an important option for video editing since many current and upcoming video devices use Thunderbolt
- Multi-Monitor Support | Enhance your video workflow with multiple monitors for greater access to your timeline and preview screens
- Socket 2011v3 | Dual Socket 2011 v4 E5 offers 80 PCIe 3.0 lanes - eliminating PCIe bus slow downs in your Professional Video Editing Workstation
- Ample Usable PCIe 3.0 x16 and x8 ports | for seamless operation of GPU acceleration and video devices
Read More >> Best Video Editing Setup
We don't just choose quieter parts, we choose the quietest, best performing parts available and assemble them cleanly to optimize airflow and minimize the slightest vibration. We don't just replace one or two parts in our system with relatively quiet components, we replace each component with the quietest part available.
In addition to silent parts our PCs are built with pride for many years of use. From start to finish, we anticipate, research, and test each computer for maximum compatibility and performance; all while being absolutely silent. You will be amazed at how quiet our systems are!
In addition to all these features, EndPCNoise.com backs all of our QuietElite™ PCs with a Two-Year Warranty, includes Free Shipping and our meticulous packaging, and provides the most professional and courteous technical support in the market today. Not sure what configuration would best suit you? Contact our Sales Team to receive a custom quote!