The Streacom FC9 Fanless PC is a fully-featured mATX HTPC chassis featuring heatpipe cooling and support for a half-height expansion card. It accommodates microATX motherboards, up to 3 hard drives (3 x 2.5" or 1 x 3.5" + 1 x 2.5") hard disks, one slimline optical drive, and 2x side USB 3.0/2.0 ports.
This system was reviewed and Certified by Silent PC Review!
The EPCN Streacom FC9 Fanless PC easily qualifies for SPCR Silent PC certification. In normal use, even at extremely high, extended loads, the system remains silent, with real SPL well under 10 dBA at any distance. It could be regarded as the first "0 dBA" PC SPCR has certified. - Mike Chin SPCR Check out the full review!
***system specifications have changed since this review, but core components and silence levels remain the same
Streacom FC9 Fanless PC Features
- Intel® Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Processors
- Up to 64 GB of Memory
- Up to 2x NVMe M.2 Drive
- Up to 3x Quiet Hard Drives (Up to 1x 3.5" + Up To 2x 2.5" SSDs)
- Completely Fanless
- Streacom FC9 Case
- Zero Noise!
- Zero Dust!
Streacom FC9 Alpha Case Dimensions
- Width: 13.7" (348mm)
- Depth: 11.4" (289mm)
- Height: 3.9" (100mm)
- Weight starting at: 18lbs
Streacom FC9 Fanless PC Core Components
LGA1151 Intel® 6th/7th Generation Processors This PC supports Intel® 6th/yth generation processors, with improved video, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets and power to support 4K video at 60fps. Socket 1151 also supports up to 64GB dual-channel DDR4 memory in 4 DIMMs. Intel® 6th/7th generation Intel® Core™ processor-based processors are among the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
Quiet Hard Drives Every system comes defaulted with some of the most silent hard drive options available. Or if you are looking for total silence choose an SSD! Solid-state drives (SSD) have no moving parts, so they make no noise, have blazing fast read times, and are more reliable than standard mechanical hard drives.
Quality Asus Motherboard We feature the latest ASUS® motherboards in our quiet systems. ASUS® is the world's best selling and most award winning motherboard manufacturer. They provide supreme reliability, top-notch cutting-edge features and excellent manufacturer support. Our motherboards contain fanless heatsinks and heatpipes to effectively cool the chipset heatsink and voltage regulators, without the use of noisy fans.
High Quality Memory The Streacom FC9 Fanless PC comes defaulted with high quality Kingston® memory. We use Kingston® memory because it is highly reliable and features a lifetime warranty. This fanless PC has options for up to 64GB of RAM.
FC9 MicroATX Fanless PC Motherboard
- Asus Prime Z270M-Plus
- Intel® Socket 1151 for 6th/7th Generation Processors
- 1x HDMI 1.4 | 1x DVI-D | 1x VGA
- Max. 64 GB, DDR4
- Intel® Z270 Chipset
- 6x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)(5 Type A, 1 Type C)
- 6x USB 2.0
- 2x M.2
- 4x SATA 6Gb/s hard drive ports
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio
- Micro-ATX Form Factor
- 1X PCIe 3.0 x16
- 1X PCIe 3.0 x4
- 2X PCIe 3.0 x1
- Gigabit LAN
- Manufacturer Link
OPTIONAL: ROG Strix Z270G-Gaming Motherboard
- DisplayPort 1.2 port | HDMI 1.4
- Supports Up To 3 Monitors, DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Compliant
- 2X PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or x8/x8)
- 2x PCIe 3.0 x1
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A (10 Gbps)
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Typpe C (10 Gbps)
- 6x SATA 6Gb/s hard drive ports
- Manufacturer Link
What are these Z270 Motherboards and Kaby Lake CPUs?
Z270 Motherboards feature the Z270 chipset, as well as Intel's new 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) Socket 1151 CPUs. The Z270 chipset also features 24 lanes of PCIe 3.0 bus (up from 20 lanes with Z170) and greater official memory speed support (Max. DDR4-2400). Z270 is backwards compatible with 6th Generation (Skylake) Socket 1151 CPUs, while Z170 motherboards also support the latest 7th generation CPUs (they are forwards compatiblity).
The Z270/Kaby Lake Upgrade Includes:
- 24 lanes of PCIe 3.0 bus for greater M.2 support
- Improved Energy Efficiency
- Support for up to DDR4-2400 (Z170 officially included support for up to DDR4-2133)
- Continued Graphics Improvement
What Is A Socket 1151 PC?
Skylake and Kaby Lake are the technologies used in 270-Series Motherboards and Socket 1151 CPUs (Intel’s consumer oriented CPUs).
Skylake CPUs include the Celeron G3900 to the i7-6700K (Passmark benchmark range from 3381 to 11109 on these CPUs). Kaby Lake CPUs range from the i3-7320 to the i7-7700K (Passmark benchmarks range from 6634 to 12165 on these CPUs).
Several new features are included with the new Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs that weren't included with Socket 1150 (New Haswell) CPUs. These include:
- Improved Graphics Support | Out of the box graphics performance (without the need for an added video card) has nearly doubled with Socket 1151 (Skylake) over Socket 1150 (Haswell and Broadwell).
- 64GB DDR4 Support | Socket 1150 CPUs maxed out at 32GB DDR3 RAM support. Socket 1151 allows for 64GB DDR4 RAM. If you are doing memory intensive work, you could probably benefit from using a greater amount of high performance RAM in your PC.
- Expanded M.2 and U.2 support | Socket 1151 (Skylake and Kaby lake) is capable of greater M.2 and U.2 support.
Z270 and H270 series motherboards (like the motherboard featured in this system) also features improved support for high-speed RAM, as well as additional chipset lanes compared to previous versions.
EndPCNoise.com backs these systems with a one year warranty along with the best professional, courteous technical service and support on the market today. Not sure what configuration would best suit you? Contact our Sales Team to receive a custom quote!